- It is found in Australia.
- It is usually active during
the day and move very fast on their two hind legs.
- Head and Body Length: to 28cm Total Overall
Length: usually 70 cm but up to 95cm.
- The colour of the lizard matches the land on
which it lives.
- The male is more colourful than the female
They are not poisonous or harmful to man.
The frill normally lies in folds around the shoulders and neck and is
"activated" by the lizard when frightened by opening its mouth
wide. The frill is also believed to aid in the regulation of body temperature.
The female lays from eight to 23 eggs per clutch. Some females can produce
two clutches of eggs in the one season.
- Frilled lizard السحلية
- Hind legs الأرجل الخلفية
- Not poisonous غير سامة
- Frill طوق حول العنق
- Regulation of body temperature
تنظيم حرارة الجسم